1. Why is this position available?
2. What are the approximate ages and number of years out of residency for each physician in the group?
3. To what extent are the individual physicians in the group involved in medical nonclinical activities (i.e. sports, research)?
4. What is the length of stay for each physician?
5. Why did the last physician leave?
6. Who is the competition?
7. How many new doctors have started practice in this area by specialty in the last
8. How many patients does a physician usually see in a clinic day?
9. What procedures are performed in the clinic, and who performs them?
10. What is the patient mix (financial or payer class. i.e., Medicare, Medicaid, PPO. HMO. etc.)?
11. How many new patients are seen per day? Per week?
12. What are the referral patterns, and are good consultants available?
13. How many HMOs/PPOs are available in the community?
14. How many managed care contracts does the group currently have?
15. How are the emergency rooms covered?
16. What is the financial stability of the hospital, clinic or group?
17. What is the group's average daily hospital census?
18. How is coverage managed for weekdays, weekends, holidays, vacation, CME?
19. What is the staff-to-physician ratio and the rate of turnover of employees?
20. How are chart notes recorded (i.e., handwritten, dictated or EMR)?
21. Is there a computer system for scheduling? Billing and accounting?
22. What is the overhead (operating) rate?
23. How are bad debts collected?
24. Who makes the decisions about employee hiring/firing?
25. Will I have input into the selection of my nurse?
26. How old are the buildings and the major equipment, how are they financed, and what is the amount of outstanding debt?
27. How often are the fee schedules reviewed?